three things

thing one: I've been restless, trying to find focus and clearer vision of where I'm heading, especially when it comes to sewing, for quite some time now. So this week I re-decorated my sewing room. I always decorate and move furniture around when I'm restless :). I painted my walls and made a new cushion for the bench. I still kind of liked my old patchwork cushion, but I like this simple, quite stylish and peaceful one even more. And the piping wasn't even that hard. I must remember to add piping to my projects more often.


thing two: I sewed very little over the last week (mostly because of thing one above). One thing I managed to finish though, is this market bag from Anna's fantastic new book Handmade Style. I made a few changes to the bag mostly because I didn't have leather handles on hand. I love how big and sturdy this bag is, it will be perfect as an overnight bag for my girls or as a beach bag.


thing three: We got ourselves a proper Halloween kitten from the local shelter. We named her Kiki and she's full of energy, incredibly sweet, and so fearless. She's two months old and bravely stands up to anyone or anything getting in her way. We're all absolutely smitten with this black ball of energy, only our adorable kitty Lola isn't sure what to think right now. Hopefully they'll become good friends soon.



Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all are having a very lovely weekend. Svetlana