scrappy sixteen patch


I love making happy scrappy baby quilts. So, the other day I grabbed a stack of already cut 2.5" squares in array of colors and got to sewing. I had no precise plan in mind, I simply sewed the squares together to make scrappy sixteen patches. The only "rule" I tried to follow was not to put the same fabric /shade next to each other.


I was chain piecing my squares and before I knew it I had 10 sixteen patches all finished. All that scrappiness needed some room to breathe, so I decided to alternate scrappy blocks with polka dotty ones. I think polka dots make all the colors pop and become even brighter.


I also tried a new kind of FMQ on this quilt. It's definitely not perfect, but I quite enjoyed quilting these giant flowers to fill up each square. 


I like the way flowers made each polka dotty square sort of pop after washing.


I enjoyed making this little quilt so much, I even started a boy version already :)

Hope you all have a very lovely rest of the day. Svetlana